Thursday, December 18, 2008
It was a very beautiful wednesday morning. I woke up exceptionally early (at 7am)... Tt's bcos i'm gg to batam!!! Was excited abt the trip ever since min told me tt they had lots if fun during their 3D2N at Harris Batam. So my mum, bro and I set off early to meet xf at the Harborfront control station. He was early too. We went to collect our tix but had to wait for a long time due to the long queue. Almost miss the ferry as it was on last call when we arrive at the departure hall. Luckily, we managed to catch the ferry... Tt's was close. It was my first time taking a ferry to Indonesia. Initially, I felt very uncomfortable. Cos i had motion sickness. But everything went on fine. Finally I reached Batam and the shuttle bus came to pick us up. There were many people waiting for the bus too. In the end, we took the 3rd shuttle bus to Harris Resort. The Waterfront terminal was very near to Harris resort. It took us less than 5 minutes to reach there. We were served with warm towel and Bandung drink and given a Batam map as we arrived at the Resort. The Harris personnel were all very friendly and warm towards us. After registering our details at the counter and handing our lugguages to them, we went ard for sightseeing... The place looked awesome. I like the swimming pool!!! So we started Bowling as our 1st activity at Harris. We were very high encouraging each other to strike... haha.
It was when we started our 2nd activities that everything went haywire. We went to the counter to enquire abt the go kart. The Harris personnel was good enough to send us to the place. But it din turn up too well in the end. Cos as we r done with go kart-ing, the bus went without us. So we tot they will come soon. But we waited in vain. In the end, we called Harris 4 times and waited for 45 mins b4 the bus came to fetch us. I was damn pissed off at tt time. Cos with tt wasted 45 mins, we can go and do other recreation activities such as Sauna and Jacuzzi. Hence, we had a very rush lunch b4 we headed for Nagoya trip... The trip was so sian. The shopping mall is so boring... Diao... I tot it wld be sth special. No... Singapore has better shopping centres!!! Left with no other places to go, we decided to settle down at a Coffee and Bread cafe. The buns and coffee were not tt fantansic... Bo bian. We need some where to take a break fr walking...
We arrived at the Resort at ard 6 plus (Batam time). So we went to check in to our rooms. Diao. The counter personnel were so disorganised... Changed our room no and they din even give us rooms tt are side by side... erm. Nvm. We went into our rooms to unload our lugguages and also to freshen up a bit b4 gg for our dinner feast at Golden Prawn. We took the cab for 45 mins b4 arriving there. The taxi driver speaks Indonesian Malay so there were times we dun understand wat he said. But he was quite good. And finally, I can use the words I had learnt in Malay Language 1 to communicate le. haha. Tt's was really an accomplishment. Though they were word by word and nt in full sentences. But nvm. At least the taxi uncle understand and i can understand a bit of wat he said.
At Golden Prawn, we ordered Black pepper crabs, butter prawns, claypot toufu, Deep fried sotong, some vegetables (kailan). Cost us ard S$60. So each person ard $15. Erm. The prawns and crab were actually were small... The place was rather windy and nice to chill out but i tink the food was ok. Xf had wanted to bring us to another place for dinner which is very near Nayoya town. But he said it's in hawker centre and is in tze char style. So we went Golden Prawn instead. He said Windsor hawker centre's food will definitely taste better and is even cheaper. Ok... I dunno if tt's the case. But having travelled 45
minutes to Golden prawn for dinner, the dishes did disappoint me:(
The day past very fast. Soon we r back in the resort. Cldnt really slp at nite. Not cos i'm excited. I'm quite dead beat. But bcos the people in the next room were very noisy... I guess they r all too excited le ba. So they were laughing and talking very loudly. Had wanted to make a complaint but din do tt. Was lazy to do so...
The next day we went to do spa... Haha. The long awaited finale... We took Aromatic Relaxing treatment spa. My bro and xf were in one small hut and my mum and I were in the hut beside them... The little hut had 2 beds, a washing basin, a shower area dna a bath tub. But the hut was not totally opaque. It's translucent. So scared tt ppl fr outside can see us. As soon as we familiarise ourselves in the hut, the massages ladies told us to undress ourselves and wore only disposable panties. Erm. It's kind of weird as it's the first time i'm naked in front of somebody who is a total stranger to me... However, I must say the massangers were really good... They did a body scrub and a body massage on us. It was so comfortable tt i fell asleep during the body massage when i'm actually naked. haha. Den at last, we had a jacuzzi bath at the bath tub. haha. So i actually bathed thrice on tt day... But my skin is very smooth le. keke.
After the spa, we went back to our hotel room to pack our stuff and take pictures b4 checking out. We were told tt the shuttle bus will come at 2pm to fetch us to the Terminal. So we really took our time taking photos, drink coffee and slacking... Din really tink too much abt the time needed to check out. The personnel even told us tt the bus was waiting for us since 150 but we were told tt the bus will only come at 2pm. Tt's like ... As we checked out of the hotel, we were untold abt the boarding pass to take the ferry. In the end, the Harris Personnel had to drive to and fro back to the hotel to collect our pass... We tot we cldnt catch the ferry cos it's 10min away fr the boarding time and we still have not even check in. However, we managed to board the ferry... Tt was really close. On the ferry, I had sea sick... Super jialat. Really cldnt take it so I had to close my eyes and breathe in and out often to relax myself. Finally, I reached Singapore!!! I love Singapore. I tink i'm really fortunate to stay in Singapore.
Din really enjoy very much during this whole batam trip. I tot probably it's due to short stay (only 2D1N). It wld be better if it's a 3D2N den it wun be so rush. There were also many hiccups along the way. So i'm din really enjoy the trip... Nvm. At least it's an experience for me... My first overseas trip wif my dear :)
Back to Singapore... It's so nice to be at home. Everything is so systematic and clean. The roads are bright and lighted with lamp posts. There are no children selling newspapers to on going cars. So ke lian... Shall not think abt it. Cos there are other stuff to think abt ba. FYP!!! Sian!
Relaxing ~


Lena blogged.. @10:23 PM